Fishing Licenses 2013
An Illinois fishing license is required for fishing all waters in Illinois. They are available for purchase at some local bait shops (see list below). Fishing licenses may also be purchased online at http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/LPR/Pages/default.aspx.
- Resident sport fishing, ages 16-64: $15.00
- Resident sport fishing, 65 years and over: $ 7.75
- Resident and non-resident, under 16 years of age: FREE
- Resident sport fishing, disabled or blind: FREE
Must show a Class 2 or 2A disability or Disabled Veterans, holding a Veteran's I.D. showing at least a 10% service related disability) or blind.
- Salmon Stamp: $6.50
Parking and Dock Access Passes
Fishermen’s Parking Pass Program
Special parking is available for fishermen by purchasing a parking pass good at special parking lots at Burnham and DuSable Harbors. Each pass costs $10 and is valid for 60 days from the date of purchase. Available at www.henryssports.com, (312) 225-8538 or call Bob Long, Jr. at (312) 656-3852 for more information.
Fishermen’s Pier Pass Program
Passes are available for fishermen to access a variety of docks in Montrose, Diversey, Belmont, DuSable and Burnham Harbors when the boating season is over and the harbors are closed. The passes cost $6.50 and are good from November 15,2012 - March 31, 2013. Passes are available at Henry’s Sports and Bait Shop, 3130 S. Canal St., (312) 225-8538, www.henryssports.com.
Fishermen: Please use only the piers listed on the passes. Help protect this program.
Aquatic Invasive Species Watch!
Chicago anglers can help stop the introduction and spread of non-native aquatic invasive species.
• Learn to identify invasive species.
• Dispose of unwanted live bait in the trash.
• Drain lake or river water from livewell and bilge before leaving access.
• Inspect and remove aquatic plants and animals from boat, motor and trailer.
• Report new sightings – note exact location; freeze specimen in a sealed plastic bag.
For more information or to report an invasive species, call the Illinois Sea-Grant Program in Zion, Illinois (847) 872-8677, the Illinois DNR in Topeka, Illinois (309) 968-7531, or the Indiana DNR, Division of Fish & Wildlife in Indianapolis, Indiana (317) 232-4093.
Chicago Area Bait & Tackle Shops
Listed below are the bait and tackle shops located in Chicago. Most of these shops support the Chicago Park District fishing programs and carry information about the programs, events and contests. Please call first as shop hours may vary by season.
* Dan’s Tackle Service, 2210 W. McLean (773) 276-5562, www.danstackleservice.com
* Henry’s Sports and Bait, 3130 S. Canal St., (312) 225-8538, www.henryssports.com
* Mac’s Bait, 2322 ½ E. 75th St., (773) 978-6596, www.macsbaitshop.com
* Park Bait Company, 600 W. Montrose Ave., (773) 271-2838
* Scottie’s Bait Shop, 1442 S. Pulaski Rd., (773) 277-1622
* Vet’s Live Bait, 10150 S. Indianapolis Blvd., (773) 734-6720