Get Swimsuit Ready for Spring Break with Two Weeks of Free Fitness Classes March 18-30
Did you drop your New Year’s resolution to work out this year? The Chicago Park District wants to give you a break this spring and a chance to get back in shape with two weeks of free fitness classes March 18-30. Click here to watch a video.
During this two week period, select parks will offer a variety of fitness classes for all ages. One of the highlights of the new class offerings includes fitness boot camp. Certified fitness instructors use interval, resistance and strength training in this intense full-body workout.
Additional new class offerings include sports conditioning and teen power training plus popular classes such as cardio kickboxing, strength and training, mommy and me yoga, yoga and Pilates, kids fitness, senior fitness and nutrition and much more.
Once regularly scheduled classes begin April 1, patrons will have the opportunity to pick select classes taught by former military personnel. Patrons can also rally their friends to register together for small group personal training. These custom-designed workouts will combine the expertise of one-on-one personal fitness training with the motivation and familiarity of exercising in a non-intimidating environment with friends or neighbors.
Classes are conveniently located in a variety of Chicago communities and are also affordable alternatives to commercial gyms. Offerings and schedules vary per location; click here for details.
All classes are part of the Park Families Wellness Initiative, which is supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, and offers fitness and nutrition education classes for Chicagoans of all ages. The program aims to impact 125,000 patrons and to increase a family’s minutes of physical activity as well as its knowledge of a healthy lifestyle by emphasizing nutrition, dietary habits and exercise.
The Chicago Park District encourages residents to enjoy two weeks of free classes at any of the following locations. Check with each individual park for schedules.
1. Archer Park, 4901 S. Kilbourn Ave., 773.284.7029
2. Calumet Park, 9801 S. Avenue M, 312.747.7108
3. Fosco Park, 1312 S. Racine Ave., 312.746.5086
4. Foster Park, 1440 W. 84th St., 312.747.6135
5. Gage Park, 2411 W. 55th St., 312.747.6147
6. Gill Park, 825 W. Sheridan, 312.742.7802
7. Haas Park, 2402 N. Washtenaw Ave., 312.742.7552
8. Hamlin Park, 3035 N. Hoyne Ave., 312.742.7785
9. Harris Recreational Center, 6200 S. Drexel Boulevard, 312.747.2706
10. Harrison Park, 1824 W. Wood, 312.746.5491
11. Hayes Park, 2936 W. 85th St., 312.747.6177
12. Hiawatha Park, 8029 W. Forest Preserve Drive, 312.746.5559
13. Homan Square Park, 3559 W. Arlington St., 312.746.6650
14. Independence Park, 3945 N. Springfield Ave., 773.478.3538
15. Jesse Owens Park, 2032 E. 88th St., 312.747.6709
16. Kennicott Park, 4434 S. Lake Park Ave., 312.747.7138
17. Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Drive, 312.742.7522
18. McGuane Park, 2901 S. Poplar Ave., 312.747.6497
19. Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma Ave., 773.631.4893
20. Ogden Park, 6500 S. Racine Ave., 312.747.6572
21. Piotrowski Park, 4247 W. 31st St., 312.747.6608
22. Russell Square Park, 3045 E. 83rd St., 312.747.6651
23. Shabbona Park, 6935 W. Addison St., 773.685.6205
24. Taylor Park in Bronzeville, 39 W. 47th St., 312.747.6728
25. Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph St., 312.746.5494
26. Valley Forge Park, 7001 W. 59th St., 773.229.0812
27. Washington Park, 5531 S. Martin Luther King Drive, 773.256.1248
28. Welles Park, 2333 W. Sunnyside Ave., 312.742.7511