Online Registration for Winter Programs Takes Place 2 Days: Nov. 26 & 27
In order to ensure a successful registration session for winter programs, signing up online for Chicago Park District offerings will continue to take place over two days and in two different zones.
• Parks located west of California Avenue will begin registration Monday, Nov. 26 at 9 a.m.
• Parks located east of California Avenue will begin registration Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 9 a.m.
In-person registration begins either Saturday, Dec. 1 or Monday, Dec. 3 depending upon the park. To check when a particular park is beginning online and in-person registration, click here.
Winter programs can now be viewed and wish lists can be created online. Programs run from the week of Jan. 7 to the week of March 18 in 2013.
The Chicago Park District has been experiencing record numbers in 2012 for program registration. Compared to 2011, this summer saw a 20% increase in children enrolled in summer programs, and fall registration is up nearly 25%. Given the popularity of programs, patrons are encouraged to update account information prior to winter registration.
Preparing for Registration Day
In order to be prepared for the first day of online registration, patrons should consider the following tips:
• Set up an account on the new registration system if you haven’t already. The new registration system took effect with spring 2012 registration.
• Add all persons who you plan to register for on your account.
• Any person paying should also be added to your account.
• Check your account login and password before registration begins. If you experience any problems, this will allow time to contact the Chicago Park District before registration begins.
• Review your account information and make changes as needed, with specific focus on:
Child pick up (who can/who can’t pick up your child), and the ability for your child to walk home on his/her own.
All other account information.
• Create a wish list with the programs that you plan to register.
• Review screen shots of the registration process.
View the winter registration web page for more information on these changes.