This park is located in the Lincoln Park community (one block south of Armitage Avenue, three blocks west of Lincoln Avenue). It contains a playground with a playslab on 2/3 of an acre. While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our programs at nearby Oz Park.
In March 1970, the Chicago Park District purchased this two-thirds-acre property for park development through the Lincoln Park Urban Renewal Project. Initially called Ash Park as part of a city-wide program to name parks for plants and trees, the site was renamed Bauler Park in 1980. The new name honors Mathias "Paddy" Bauler (1890--1977), a colorful and controversial figure in Chicago politics. Bauler used his tavern business to create a political organization that propelled him to a 34-year (1933-1967) run as alderman and Democratic ward committeeman for the 43rd Ward. Bauler's name had been applied to another small park in his ward in the 1950s. This park property, at Armitage and Burling Streets, was redeveloped in the Orchard Mall project after 1979.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.