A major construction project is underway at Daley Bicentennial Plaza.
The fieldhouse, playground, tennis courts, and skating rink are currently closed and will remain closed during construction.
• Day camp will take place at Soldier Field, 1410 S. Museum Campus Drive, Chicago, IL 60605.
• Children’s programs are accommodated at Northerly Island, 1521 S. Linn White Dr. and adult fitness programs at Lake Shore Park, 808 N. Lake Shore Dr.
• Alternate locations for playgrounds include Lake Shore Park; Lakeshore East, 450 E. Benton Pl.; Seneca Playlot Park, 220 E. Chicago Ave.; Burnham Park, 5491 S. Lake Shore Dr.; Roosevelt Park, 62 W. Roosevelt Rd.; and Jones Park, 1240 S. Plymouth Ct.
• Alternate tennis court locations include Grant Park, 900 S. Columbus Dr., Lake Shore Park; Dunbar Park, 300 E. 31st St., Lincoln Park, 3700 N. Recreation Dr.; and Skinner Park, 1331 W. Monroe St.
• Alternate skate rink locations include Millennium Park operated by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, 201 E. Randolph St.; McFetridge Sports Center, 3843 N. California Ave.; and Midway Plaisance, 1130 Midway Plaisance.
The dramatic transformation of this space will result in the new Maggie Daley Park.
Learn more about this new park and the construction project.