Davis Park

  • 5427 W. Division St.   Chicago, Illinois 60651 [View Map]
  • Park Hours:
  • Park Supervisor: Steve Collins (LaFollette Park)
  • Park Phone: (773 ) 287-0547

This small playground is located in the Austin Community.   The park features a playground, swngs and a basketball court. 

While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby La Follette Park for recreation and get in shape at the Fitness Center.
 

History

In 1955, the City of Chicago purchased this quarter-acre property with Playground Bond Funds as part of an initiative to create small parks in under-served neighborhoods throughout the city. The Bureau of Parks and Recreation soon improved this Austin site with playground equipment and a basketball court. The following year, the park was named in honor of local resident Margaret E. Davis. Davis was an active participant in community affairs in the surrounding 37th Ward. She was also a strong advocate of providing recreational facilities to neighborhood children. In 1959, the city transferred Davis Park to the Chicago Park District, which rehabilitated it in the early 1990s and enclosed it with ornamental iron fencing in 1997.

Parking/Directions

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.

Davis  Basketball Courts -Outdoor

Davis Basketball Courts -Outdoor

Location Notes: 5427 W. Division St.

Davis Playground

Davis Playground

Location Notes: 5427 W. Division St.

Notes: Renovated Summer 2014- Chicago Plays! Renovation Program

Documents

There are no documents available.

Photos & Videos

There are no photos or videos available.

Reviews

Description

This small playground is located in the Austin Community.   The park features a playground, swngs and a basketball court. 

While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby La Follette Park for recreation and get in shape at the Fitness Center.
 

In 1955, the City of Chicago purchased this quarter-acre property with Playground Bond Funds as part of an initiative to create small parks in under-served neighborhoods throughout the city. The Bureau of Parks and Recreation soon improved this Austin site with playground equipment and a basketball court. The following year, the park was named in honor of local resident Margaret E. Davis. Davis was an active participant in community affairs in the surrounding 37th Ward. She was also a strong advocate of providing recreational facilities to neighborhood children. In 1959, the city transferred Davis Park to the Chicago Park District, which rehabilitated it in the early 1990s and enclosed it with ornamental iron fencing in 1997.

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.