Dean Playground Park

  • 1344 N. Dean St.   Chicago, Illinois 60622 [View Map]
  • Park Hours:
  • Park Supervisor: James Boldt (Pulaski Park)
  • Park Phone: (312) 742-7559

This small playground is located in the West Town Community.  The park features a playground water feature and multi-purpose field.

While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Pulaski Park for recreation.  

History

In response to the post-World War II baby boom, the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation began creating dozens of new parks and playgrounds in the late 1940s. Among many sites acquired for playground development was a half-acre property in the West Town neighborhood. Beginning construction by 1950, the city named the site Dean Park for the street on which it is located. Civic leader John Dean served as a judge during Chicago's early history. The city transferred Dean Park to the Chicago Park District in 1959.

Parking/Directions

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.

Dean Garden

Dean Garden

Location Notes: 1344 N. Dean St.

Descriptors: Ornamental

Dean Playground

Dean PlaygroundAccessible

Descriptors: Rubberized Surface

Dean Water Spray Feature

Dean Water Spray Feature

Location Notes: 1344 N. Dean

Documents

There are no documents available.

Photos & Videos

There are no photos or videos available.

Reviews

Description

This small playground is located in the West Town Community.  The park features a playground water feature and multi-purpose field.

While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Pulaski Park for recreation.  

In response to the post-World War II baby boom, the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation began creating dozens of new parks and playgrounds in the late 1940s. Among many sites acquired for playground development was a half-acre property in the West Town neighborhood. Beginning construction by 1950, the city named the site Dean Park for the street on which it is located. Civic leader John Dean served as a judge during Chicago's early history. The city transferred Dean Park to the Chicago Park District in 1959.

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.