Eugenie Triangle Park

  • 1701 N. LaSalle St.   Chicago, Illinois 60614 [View Map]
  • Park Hours:
  • Park Supervisor: Lauren Quinn (Lincoln Park Cultural Center)
  • Park Phone: (312) 742-7726

This tiny passive recreation area is located in the Lincoln Park community (at the intersection of Clark Street and La Salle Drive). While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Lincoln Park Cultural Center.

History

Tiny Eugenie Triangle Park lies in the southeastern corner of the Lincoln Park neighborhood, one of Chicago's oldest communities. Improvement of Green Bay Road (now Clark Street) in the 1830s led to the area's initial settlement. After the Great Fire of 1871 decimated the neighborhood, it was quickly rebuilt with affordable frame workingmen's cottages. In 1877, the triangle created by the intersection of Clark, LaSalle, and Eugenie Streets was dedicated as public park land. By 1907, the city's Special Park Commission tended Eugenie Triangle's lawn, shrubs, and trees. In 1959, the city transferred the park to the Chicago Park District, which has maintained it as greenspace ever since. Eugenie Triangle Park and the adjacent street take their names from Eugenie Wolf, daughter of architect and mechanical engineer Frederick William Wolf (---), who arrived in Chicago from Germany in 1867.

Parking/Directions

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.

Documents

There are no documents available.

Photos & Videos

There are no photos or videos available.

Reviews

Description

This tiny passive recreation area is located in the Lincoln Park community (at the intersection of Clark Street and La Salle Drive). While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Lincoln Park Cultural Center.

Tiny Eugenie Triangle Park lies in the southeastern corner of the Lincoln Park neighborhood, one of Chicago's oldest communities. Improvement of Green Bay Road (now Clark Street) in the 1830s led to the area's initial settlement. After the Great Fire of 1871 decimated the neighborhood, it was quickly rebuilt with affordable frame workingmen's cottages. In 1877, the triangle created by the intersection of Clark, LaSalle, and Eugenie Streets was dedicated as public park land. By 1907, the city's Special Park Commission tended Eugenie Triangle's lawn, shrubs, and trees. In 1959, the city transferred the park to the Chicago Park District, which has maintained it as greenspace ever since. Eugenie Triangle Park and the adjacent street take their names from Eugenie Wolf, daughter of architect and mechanical engineer Frederick William Wolf (---), who arrived in Chicago from Germany in 1867.

For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.