This small playground is located in the Bridgeport Community. Formerly known as Eleanor Park, the park features a playground and water fountain. It is an active community park.
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Park No. 571 for recreation.
This Bridgeport playlot pays tribute to Private Florian S. Jacolik (1924-1944), who served in the army during World War II. Jacolik was killed in action while fighting in France on August 15, 1944. Jacolik was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals. Until 1999, the park was known as Eleanor Park for the neighboring street. Sometime before 1950, the City of Chicago began leasing this park site from Peoples Gas Company. The city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation managed the park until 1959, when the Chicago Park District took over the lease. Peoples Gas sold the property to the park district in 1977.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.