This small playground is located in the South Lawndale Community. The park features a soft surface playground, It is an active community park.
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Shedd Park for recreation in the gym and fun on the outdoor basketball court. .
The Chicago Park District purchased this park site in 1978, and officially named it for the Miami Indians 20 years later. The Miamis were one of nine distinct tribal groups living in the Great Lakes region between 1600 and 1760. The Miamis, who together with the Illinois lived along the southern edge of Lake Michigan, numbered 4,000 before the arrival of Europeans. Some Miami villages were located in what later became southwestern Chicago. By the 1803 establishment of Fort Dearborn at Chicago, the Miamis had been driven from the area by other tribes, including the Sauk, Fox, Kickapoo, and Iroquois.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.