This park is located in the Bridgeport community.
Sintic Park is one of many small parks created by the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation to meet increasing recreational demands in post-World War II Chicago. The bureau developed plans for this Bridgeport neighborhood playlot in 1951, and soon improved the site with playground equipment, benches, a sand box, and a drinking fountain. In 1959, the city transferred the property to the Chicago Park District, which rehabilitated the site with a new soft surface playground in 1992. Originally known as 28th Place Playlot for an adjacent street, the park was officially renamed Sintic Park in 1993. The park honors Sergeant Gregory J. Sintic (1947-1968), a U.S. Army enlistee killed by a land mine explosion in Vietnam on January 28, 1968. Sintic was awarded the Bronze Star of Valor and the Purple Heart for his sacrifice. Born and raised in Bridgeport, Sintic attended the Catholic grammar school across the street from the park.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.