Located in the Gresham community, The Grove Playlot Park is an ideal location for families to spend a portion of their day relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. This park contains a playground with swings, slides, along with benches to enjoy a picnic.
The Chicago Park District purchased the site of this playlot in 1973 with the help of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The park was officially named The Grove Park in 1998. "The Grove" was a pre-Civil War settlement in what is now the western part of Auburn Gresham, the community area in which the park lies. The Grove became the subdivision of South Englewood, platted in the early 1870s. Chicago annexed the area in 1890.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.