Located in the Englewood community, Wolcott Park is an idyllic location for families to spend a portion of their day relaxing and enjoying the outdoors and nature. This park contains a playground with swings, slides, along with climbing apparatus.
The Chicago Park District purchased the site of this playlot in 1973 with the help of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The park was officially named Wolcott in 1998. Dr. Alexander Wolcott (1790-1830), for whom the park and the adjacent street are named, came to Chicago from Windsor, Canada in 1820 to serve as an Indian agent. Three years later, Wolcott married Ellen Marion Kinzie, daughter of John Kinzie, another Chicago pioneer. The Wolcotts' wedding was Chicago's first.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.