Langdon (Mary Margaret) Playlot Park

  • 1754 W. Albion Ave.   Chicago, Illinois 60626 [View Map]
  • Park Hours:
  • Park Supervisor: Venus Delacruz (Schreiber Park)
  • Park Phone: (773) 262-6741

This park is located in the Rogers Park community (four blocks south of Pratt Boulevard, one long block west of Clark Street). The park contains a playslab and a playground for the little ones!

While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our programs offered at nearby Schreiber Park.

History

Formerly known as Albion Park this site was renamed Mary Margaret Langdon Park in 2005 as part of an effort by the Chicago Park District Board of Commissioners to recognize the contributions of Chicago women. The City of Chicago purchased the property at the corner of North Ravenswood and Albion Streets in 1950. The city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation operated the site as Albion Park until 1959, when the Chicago Park District acquired it. Langdon (1918-1993), who went by the nickname Megs, was an accomplished university administrator and community activist in the Rogers Park and Edgewater neighborhoods. In the 1970s, she was appointed Director of Community Programs Office at Loyola University Chicago where she remained until her retirement. Ms. Langdon played an active role in numerous community efforts and organizations including the Chicago Crime Commission, St. Joseph Hospital Executive Advisory Committee, the Chicago Planning Commission, and the Rogers Park Community Council.

Documents

There are no documents available.

Photos & Videos

There are no photos or videos available.

Reviews

Description

This park is located in the Rogers Park community (four blocks south of Pratt Boulevard, one long block west of Clark Street). The park contains a playslab and a playground for the little ones!

While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our programs offered at nearby Schreiber Park.

Formerly known as Albion Park this site was renamed Mary Margaret Langdon Park in 2005 as part of an effort by the Chicago Park District Board of Commissioners to recognize the contributions of Chicago women. The City of Chicago purchased the property at the corner of North Ravenswood and Albion Streets in 1950. The city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation operated the site as Albion Park until 1959, when the Chicago Park District acquired it. Langdon (1918-1993), who went by the nickname Megs, was an accomplished university administrator and community activist in the Rogers Park and Edgewater neighborhoods. In the 1970s, she was appointed Director of Community Programs Office at Loyola University Chicago where she remained until her retirement. Ms. Langdon played an active role in numerous community efforts and organizations including the Chicago Crime Commission, St. Joseph Hospital Executive Advisory Committee, the Chicago Planning Commission, and the Rogers Park Community Council.