This small playground is located in the Near West Community. The park features two baseball diamonds and is locally referred to as Livingston Field.
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Altgeld Park for recreation.
In the early 1990s, after the Near North Little League lost its original field at Clybourn and Division the Illinois Medical District agreed to lease and transform a vacant glass strewn lot into a baseball field. Over the years, the site was improved to include backstops, fancy dugouts and foul poles, a sprinkler system and oversized scoreboard. A few years later, the City of Chicago acquired the site and leased it to the Chicago Park District. In 2009, the site was transferred to the Chicago Park District and it is currently undergoing additional improvements using TIFF funds. These include a new artificial turf athletic field, lights, Bocci-ball courts, benches, walkways, and other landscape improvements. Over the years, the site has always been known as Livingston Field. The name honors David O. Livingston (1941 – 1998) a Korean War veteran who served as the executive director of the Illinois Medical District for several years.
For directions using public transportation visit www.transitchicago.com.