Field/Gym/Room Rental

Room or Gym Rental Procedures

Many Chicago Park District Field Houses offer rooms and gyms available to the public for hourly rental. Visit or contact a park fieldhouse or cultural center that you’re interested in to obtain rental availability and fees.  Click on the following link to review a list of all parks with meeting and event rooms and gymnasiums:

Athletic Field Rental Procedures

If you are playing a sport:

Field Permits for athletic fields are available at many parks.  Visit or contact the Park that you’re interested in and speak with the Park Supervisor to obtain Room rental availability and fees. 

If you are playing a sport and would like permission to have additional amenities:

A Special Event Permit is required if your gathering has any of the following elements:

  • Events with 50 or more participants
  • Use of amplified sound
  • Any advertising or sponsorship activities
  • Selling and/or distributing food, goods or merchandise (this includes exercise classes or boot camps)
  • Liquor
  • Tents
  • Inflatables
  • Stages
  • Walk/Run Route
  • Specific location reservations

Please consider that there are other activities or proposed event features that may require you to secure a Chicago Park District Special Event Permit.

Click here to learn about the Special Event Permit Application process & start your Application. 

If you have any additional questions, please consult or Frequently Asked Questions page. Also, feel free to contact our office with any additional questions: (312) 742-5369.