Chicago Park District

NEW 2014 Special Event Permit Application Process

Find a Park Advanced

Park Name Search

Communities Search

Zip Code Search


Filming and Photography

A permit is required for the following types of filming and photography

  • Commercial, such as:
    - Advertising
    - Catalog photos
    - Publications
  • Documentary
  • Web-based media
  • Non-commercial use, such as:
    - Engagement photos
    - Wedding photos
    - Cotillion photos
  • Student projects
    - Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited school working on a class project to qualify for a student rate.

View fees and get started now.



News Media Confirmation Permit

To conduct a professional journalism-based activity on park property a News Media Confirmation Permit is required.  To obtain this permit, contact the Chicago Park District Department of Communications at 312-742-4786. 


If you have any additional questions, view our Frequently Asked Questions page, or call (312) 742-5369.