Sample Beer Under Glass at the Garfield Park Conservatory
Chicago, IL - Enjoy fine beer, fine food and fine foliage at the 2nd Annual “Beer Under Glass” at Garfield Park Conservatory, 300 N. Central Park Ave., on Thursday, May 19 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Attendees must be 21 and older. Go to www.garfieldconservatory.org to purchase tickets. Tickets costs are as follows:
$30 online advance sales for members Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance
$40 online advance sales for non-members of the Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance,
$50 at the door (if available)
Beer Under Glass is brought to you by the Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance and the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild and will feature brews from the following brewers:
· 5 Rabbit Cerveceria Inc.
· Brickstone Brewery, 557 William Latham Drive, Bourbonnais, IL
· Emmett's Tavern and Brewing Co., 128 West Main Street, West Dundee, Illinois
· Flatlander’s Restaurant and Brewery, 200 Village Green, Lincolnshire, IL
· Flossmoor Station Restaurant and Brewery, 1035 Sterling Ave., Flossmoor, IL
· Finch’s Beer Company, 4565 N. Elston Ave., Chicago, IL
· Goose Island Beer Co., 1800 W. Fulton St., Chicago, IL
· Goose Island Brewpub, 1800 W. Fulton St., Chicago, IL
· Gordon Biersch, 357 East Taylor Street, San Jose, CA
· Granite City, 14035 South La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL
· Half Acre Beer Co., 4257 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL
· Hamburger Mary’s, 5400 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL
· Haymarket Pub and Brewery, 737 W. Randolph, Chicago, IL
· Limestone Brewing Company, 12337 S Rt. 59, Plainfield, IL
· The Lucky Monk, 105 Hollywood Blvd., South Barrington, IL
· Metropolitan Brewing, 5121 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, IL
· Mickey Finn's Brewery, 412 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville, IL
· New Belgium Brewing, 500 Linden, Fort Collins, Colorado
· Revolution Brewing, 2323 N Milwaukee Ave; Chicago, IL;
· Rock Bottom Brewery Chicago, One W. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL
· Rock Bottom Brewery Lombard, Yorktown Center, Lombard, IL
· Rock Bottom Brewery Orland Park, 16156 South La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL
· Rock Bottom Brewery Warrenville, 28256 Diehl Road, Warrenville, IL
· Shmaltz Brewing Company, San Francisco, CA and New York, NY
· Stockholms Brew Pub, 306 W. State Street, Geneva, IL
· Stone Brewing Company, Escondido, CA
· Two Brothers Brewing Company, 30W315 Calumet Ave., Warrenville, IL
· Wild Onion Brewing Company, 22221 Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, IL
Members of the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild will serve samples of their best microbrews in a souvenir sample glass at this exciting event to benefit the Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance. In addition, local food from the Marion Street Cheese Market, 100 S. Marion Street, Oak Park, Il.; Inspiration Kitchen, 4715 N. Sheridan Rd., Chicago, IL; Haymarket Pub and Brewery, 737 W. Randolph; and Rock Bottom Brewery, 1 West Grand Ave., will be served at the event. Beer enthusiasts also can learn how beer is brewed (and grown) and the evolution of chocolate.
Beer Under Glass is the opening event for Chicago Craft Beer Week, taking place May 19th through May 27th. The Beer Passport, official guide and event pass for Chicago Craft Beer Week,is included with each Beer Under Glass ticket. For more information about Chicago Craft Beer Week, go to www.chibeerweek.com.
Seven Generations Ahead (SGA) will be on hand to help make this a zero waste event. SGA is a non-profit organization that seeks to promote the development of ecologically sustainable and healthy communities by merging economic. For more information about SGA go to www.sevengenerationsahead.org. This event is sponsored by Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance, Illinois Craft Brewers Guild, Chicago Park District, and a5, Inc.
The Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance, a non-profit partner of the Chicago Park District, provides innovating programming and educational outreach, works to enhance the environmental, social and economic vitality of Chicago’s West Side while encouraging the larger community to explore the fundamental connection between plants and human life. The Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance engages more than 200,000 participants a year. Click here for information and online registration, or call 773-638-1766.