View Fall Programs Online Monday, July 22; Online Registration Takes Place Aug. 5-6
Start planning for autumn by viewing Chicago Park District fall programs and creating wish lists online beginning Monday, July 22. In order to ensure a successful registration session for fall programs, signing up online will continue to take place over two days and in two different zones.
• Parks located west of California Avenue will begin registration Monday, Aug. 5 at 9 a.m.
• Parks located east of California Avenue will begin registration Tuesday, Aug. 6 at 9 a.m.
In-person registration begins either Saturday, Aug. 10 or Monday, Aug. 12 depending upon the park. Fall programs run from the week of Sept. 16 to the week of Dec. 2.
This spring, the Chicago Park District received a record number of both on-line and in-person registrations for spring programs since it launched its new registration system a year ago with totals of more than 80,000 registrants, compared to 65,000 in 2012. It is also the third straight session with more than 70,000 registrations.
The upward trend is continuing with 2013 summer registration. During the first 30 days of summer on-line registration, 31,500 enrollments were recorded, compared to 28,750 registrations during the same period in 2012.
Given the popularity of programs, patrons are encouraged to follow the registration tips listed below.
Preparing for Registration Day
• Set up an account on the new registration system if you haven’t already. The new registration system took effect with spring 2012 registration.
• Add all persons who you plan to register for on your account.
• Check your account login and password before registration begins. If you experience any problems, this will allow time to contact the Chicago Park District for assistance.
• Review your account information and make changes as needed, with specific focus on the following questions that were recently added:
Child pick up (who can/who can’t pick up your child), and the ability for your child to walk home on his/her own.
• Create a wish list with the programs that you plan to register.
• Review screen shots of the registration process.
View the registration process page for more information on these changes.