Winners Announced for Chicago Park District's 2011-2012 Nature in Chicago Amateur Photo Contest
The Chicago Park District recently announced the winners for the 2nd biannual Nature in Chicago Amateur Photo Contest & Exhibition. The Chicago Park District’s natural areas program hosted a photography contest of nature in Chicago to illustrate the natural beauty and biological diversity that exists within our own city. Four winning photos were selected in each category for a total of 16 photos to be included in the traveling exhibit.
The following is a list of winners in the following categories:
• Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful by Carol Laurent Jarzyna
• Don't Look Up (Or Down)! by Cara R. Litberg
• Feeding Time by John Troiani
• Turtles All the Way Down by Rex Babiera
• Chance Meeting with a Spiderwort by Sharon M. Gaietto
• Coneflowers by Elliot R. Mandel
• Purple Prairie Clover by Dawn Mazur
• Yellow Shadows by Harold A. Plein
• Iced Tree by John Troiani
• Mer Girl: Alfred Caldwell Reflection by Ron Reason
• Perfect Moment by Javier Ayala
• Surface by Dan Finnen
People in Nature
• In the Willows by Jessica Tai
• Lone Fisherman by Kris Bochenek
• Remember the Days by April Tyreanne Collins
• Snowfall on the Bench by Javier Ayala
The winning photographs will be exhibited in the Nature in Chicago Amateur Photo Exhibition beginning Friday, June 1 through Friday, Sept. 14. The traveling exhibit is admission free and will visit the following locations and dates:
Friday, June 1 – Friday, June 15
at South Shore Cultural Center, 7059 S. South Shore Dr.
Monday, June 18 – Friday, July 6
at Douglas Park Cultural and Community Center, 1401 S. Sacramento Dr.
Monday, July 9 – Friday, August 3
at Daley Bicentennial Plaza at Grant Park, 337 E. Randolph St.
Monday, Aug 6 – Friday, Aug 24
at John H. Vanderpoel Art Gallery at Ridge Park, 9625 S. Longwood Dr.
Monday, August 27 – Friday, Sept 14
at Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1400 N. Sacramento Ave.
For more information about the Nature in Chicago Amateur Photo Contest & Exhibition click here