Updated June 4, 2020
All Chicago Park District playgrounds and fieldhouses remain closed. All previously scheduled park programs and events have been cancelled.
Chicago’s lakefront including adjacent trails and parks are closed indefinitely (see list of these parks below). The 606, Chicago Park District golf courses, driving ranges and harbors also remain closed.
The Chicago Park District has installed barricades and fencing in some areas to remind residents of the restrictions.
With the exception of these closures, Chicago parks remain open. Large gatherings and close contact activities are prohibited and social distancing must be observed at all times.
Acceptable activities include walking, running and hiking in our outdoor spaces alone or with members of the same household.
In efforts to discourage large gatherings and close contact activities in the parks, the Chicago Park District has removed basketball rims, tennis nets and other features in locations where social distancing was not being observed. These amenities will be returned when health and safety guidelines allow.
Adjustments to Summer Registration and Programming Dates
The Chicago Park District has adjusted its Summer registration and program dates in response to the modified Stay at Home order. Summer will be available to view online June 1st. Online registration for Summer programs will begin Thursday, June 11th and Friday, June 12th. In-person registration will be held Saturday, June 13th unless deemed unsafe by the Governor and the Center for Disease Control.
The District will offer a revised version of its traditional Summer day camp beginning Monday, July 6th through Friday, August 14.* Registration and program dates are subject to change. The Chicago Park District will contact registered participants and provide updated information on the website should any changes in the summer registration or program dates occur.
*Summer program dates are subject to change based on guidance from public health officials.
Keep Our Parks and Communities Safe
We strongly urge patrons to take precautions to protect their health and the safety of others by wearing a mask in public, frequently washing their hands for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching their face with unwashed hands and covering their noses and mouths when sneezing or coughing. Also, if you aren’t feeling well, please stay home.
To keep our parks clean and inviting, Chicago Park District employees continue to perform essential functions including garbage pick-up, security and making needed repairs to our facilities. Our goal is to have your beloved parks in the best condition possible when we can resume normal activity.
Until then, let’s continue to work together. It will take action from everyone to help keep our families, parks and communities safe.
The following park locations are closed in accordance with Mayor Lightfoot's executive order:
- Juneway Beach & Park, 7751 N. Eastlake Terrace
- Rogers Beach Park, 7705 N. Eastlake Terrace
- Howard Beach & Park, 7519 N. Eastlake Terrace
- Fargo Beach & Park, 1300 W. Fargo Ave.
- Griffin Beach & Park, 1208 W. Jarvis Ave.
- Leone Beach & Park, 1222 W. Touhy Ave.
- Loyola Beach & Park, 1230 W. Greenleaf Ave.
- Prinz Beach & Park, 1050 W. Pratt Ave.
- Doria Beach & Park, 1041 W. Columbia Ave.
- North Shore Beach & Park, 1040 W. North Shore Ave.
- Hartigan Beach & Park, 1050 W. Albion Ave.
- Berger Park, 6205 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Park 559, 6151 N.Sheridan Road
- Lane Beach & Park, 5915 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Lincoln Park, 500-5700 N. Lake Shore Drive
- Lake Shore Park, 808 N. Lake Shore Dr.
- Harold Washington Park, 5200 S. Hyde Park Blvd.
- Addams (Jane) Memorial Park, 550 E. Grand Ave.
- DuSable Park, 401 N. Lake Shore Dr.
- Grant Park
- Northerly Island/Museum Campus
- Burnham Park, 1200-5700 S. Lake Shore Dr.
- Jackson Park, 6401 S. Stony Island Ave.
- Midway Plaisance Park, 1130 Midway Plaisance North
- South Shore Cultural Center Park & Beach, 7059 S. South Shore Dr.
- Ashe Beach Park, 2701 E. 74th St.
- Rainbow Beach & Park, 3111 East 77th St.
- Park 566 (USX), 7901 S. Farragut Dr.
- Steelworkers Park, 87th St. & Lake Shore Dr.
- Calumet Beach & Park, 9801 S. Avenue G
- Bloomingdale Trail/The 606, 1600-3750 W. Bloomingdale Ave.
The City of Chicago's Riverwalk, Millennium Park and Olive Park are also closed.