Families are invited to share the love and creativity with online and in-person events.
Feel the love in Chicago’s parks this February! The Chicago Park District invites residents to celebrate Valentine’s Day with family dances, movies, crafts, games, and virtual programming from February 3 through February 16, 2023. Eager participants can learn about programming at: www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/valentines-day.
We are thrilled to provide family friendly programs that give everyone something to love during the Valentine’s Day season:
• Sheil Park, located at 3505 N. Southport Ave., will host a family movie night at 6:00 p.m. on February 3, 2023. Registration for the Top Gun: Maverick viewing is free.
• Indian Boundary Park, located at 2500 W Lunt Ave., will host a buffet and a presentation of Beauty and the Beast on February 10, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
DANCING IN THE PARKS
• Sheil Park, located at 3505 N. Southport Ave., will host a Daddy Daughter Dance on February 4, 2023, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Registration is $10.00.
• The Sweetheart Valentine’s Day Dance will take place at Field Park on February 10, 2023, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at 5100 N. Ridgeway Ave. This all-ages event costs $25.00 per couple and will feature light refreshments and timeless music.
• Loyola Park, located at 1230 W. Greenleaf Ave., is excited to host their annual Family Sweetheart Dance at 6:30 p.m. on Friday February 10, 2023. The park will feature a photo booth, light snacks, beverages, and of course, dancing! Patrons may register for the $10.00 event.
• Gompers Park, located at 4222 W. Foster Ave., will feature a Family Valentine Dance on February 10, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. with a DJ, photo opportunities, and crafts! Registration costs $5.00 per person with a maximum $25.00 fee per family.
• The Family Valentine’s Day Dance at Horner Park, located at 2741 W. Montrose Ave., will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on February 10, 2023. Registration costs $5.00. Patrons are invited to dance along to the sweet sounds of the Horner Park Jazz Band, take photos, and enjoy light snacks and refreshments.
• Lake Shore Park, located at 808 N. Lakeshore Drive, will host a free Valentine’s Day Dance for patrons of all ages from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on February 10, 2023. Residents are encouraged to bring their cameras and get dressed up for their photobooth!
• On February 10, 2023, Mayfair Park will host its Sweetheart Valentine Dance from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at 4550 W. Sunnyside Ave. for $10.00. Patrons are invited to enjoy a decadent evening that includes crafts, dancing, and a photobooth.
• Altgeld Park, located at 515 S. Washtenaw Ave., will host a free Valentine’s Day Dance from 5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. for patrons of all ages on February 14, 2023.
• Field Park, located at 5100 N. Ridgeway Ave., will also feature a $10.00 crafting clinic on February 14, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
• On February 14, 2023, at 5:00 pm, Mayfair Park, located at 4550 W. Sunnyside Ave., will host Sippy and Paint, an event where patrons 6 and older can enjoy light beverages and learn to paint. Interested residents can register for $25.00 per couple (one adult, one child).
• The Chicago Park District staff has produced a series of Valentine’s Day tutorial videos for families to engage in simple crafts, scrumptious snacks, and exciting exercises. Residents can start the festivities early by following this link and viewing with a group on their favorite device.
• Brainerd Park, located at 1246 W. 92nd St., will host a Tots Valentine Party on February 10, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for patrons ages 1 to 6. Residents are required to register and pay a $5.00 fee.
• Patrons ages 8 to 12 are invited to Scottsdale Park, located at 4637 W. 83rd St., for Candy Bar Bingo! Games will start at 6:30 p.m. on February 16, 2023 and will feature sweet rewards for winning cards! Participants are required to pay a $5.00 fee, and bring two regular sized candy bars to receive two bingo cards.