Amateur and avid runners of all ages are encouraged to participate in timed 5K and 1-mile runs
The Chicago Park District and the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) are proud to announce the 2023 ‘Go Run schedule. The ‘Go Run program features free, organized, and timed 5K and 1-mile community runs. The series will commence March 4, 2023, and culminate November 18, 2023.
‘Go Runs are open to patrons of all ages and experiences, including avid runners, newcomers, families and children. Participants are welcome to race, run, jog, walk or volunteer during the community gatherings on Saturdays at 9 a.m.
The first ‘Go Run event begins at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 4, 2023, at Warren Park, located at 6601 N. Western Ave. The runs will take place every Saturday except for 3 bye weeks.
‘Go Run park locations include Big Marsh Park, Calumet Humboldt Park, 63rd Street Beach, Marquette Park, Horner Park, Garfield Park, Warren Park, Washington Park, and Columbus Park.
Participants must register for each date they plan to attend. For each ‘Go Run:
• Registration Opens Friday @ 3:00 p.m. the week prior to each ‘Go Run
• Registration Closes Friday @ 2:00 p.m. the day prior to each ‘Go Run (or if capacity is reached)
Online pre-registration is available now at www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/go-run-chicago is required. Onsite registration is not available.
• Individual volunteers aid the check-in process, registration, start/finish line, hydration and course marshalling. Volunteers generally work from 8:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Volunteer Registration for the ‘Go Run of the series is closed. Patrons eager to volunteer can visit this link.
• Groups interested in volunteering must visit the website for additional information.
Spring ‘Go Run Schedule, 2023:
Registration for each individual event by clicking the link embedded in the park name.
- March 4 - Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave. at 9:00 a.m.
- March 11 - Humboldt Park, 1440 N. Humboldt Blvd. at 9:00 a.m.
- March 18 - 63rd Street Beach, 6300 S. Lake Shore Dr. at 9:00 a.m.
- March 25 - Horner Park, 2741 W. Montrose Ave. at 9:00 a.m.
- April 1 - Columbus Park, Jackson Blvd., and Golf Dr. at 9:00 a.m.
- April 8 - Marquette Park, 6743 S. Kedzie Ave. at 9:00 a.m.
- April 15 - Douglass Park, 1401 S. Sacramento Dr. at 9:00 a.m.
- April 22 - Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave. at 9:00 a.m.
- April 29 - Bye Week NO 'Go Run
- May 6 - Humboldt Park, 1440 N. Humboldt Blvd. at 9:00 a.m.
- May 13 - Big Marsh, 11555 S. Stony Island Ave. at 9:00 a.m.
- May 20 - Horner Park, 2741 W. Montrose Ave. at 9:00 a.m.
- May 27 - Columbus Park, Jackson Blvd. and Golf Dr. at 9:00 a.m.
‘Go Runs are subject to cancelation in the event of inclement weather conditions. Summer and Fall dates are available to view now at www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/go-run-chicago.
Tracking Progress throughout Spring, Summer, and Fall
Registrants will receive a racing bib which times their progress electronically from start to finish. Results are then immediately posted. Participants are encouraged to use their times to track their fitness level across each of the ‘Go Run events throughout the spring, summer and fall.
Registrants’ racing bibs will feature “CARA-Land”, a fun way to track your progress across the ‘Go Run series. The “CARA-Land” map printed on the back of the racing bib will feature point markers one through twenty. After twenty points, you may redeem a free ‘Go-Run tee shirt!
Earn 2 points for finishes at Warren Park, Humboldt Park, Jackson Park, Horner Park, Columbus Park, and Marquette Park. Earn 3 points at all other parks.
Double your points by completing challenges:
1. First 'Go Run finish of the 2022 season.,
2. Bring a friend or family member to 'Go Run.,
3. Achieve a new personal best time.,
4. Finish on a cold (less than 50°F day) or rainy day.
Registrants are encouraged to keep track of their points after each 'Go Run and mark their bib with a marker. Once they have reached the finish, they can redeem their shirt at the blue tent.