‘Go Runs Resume July 25th!
'Go Run Chicago is a series of free organized Saturday morning community runs (1-mile or 5K) open to everyone interested in coming out to race, run, jog, walk or volunteer. Long-time runners, newcomers, families and children are invited to take part.
A volunteer-led, neighborhood-centered initiative, the weekly runs strengthen community and encourage healthy and active lifestyles through running and volunteerism. The program is hosted and managed by the Chicago Park District and the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA).
Pre-registration at www.CARAruns.org is required. Onsite registration is not available.
All runs take place on Saturdays at 9:00 am. Please check our schedule online at www.GoRunChicago.org for updates, location changes and information.
Saturday, July 25 at Washington Park (5531 S. King Dr.)
Saturday, Aug. 1 at Warren Park (6601 N. Western Ave.)
Saturday, Aug. 8 at Humboldt Park (1440 N. Humboldt Blvd.)
Saturday, Aug. 15 at TBA
Saturday, Aug. 22 at Marquette Park (6743 S. Kedzie Ave.)
Saturday, Aug. 29 at TBA
Saturday, Sept. 5 at Warren Park (6601 N. Western Ave.)
Saturday, Sept. 12 at Humboldt Park (1440 N. Humboldt Blvd.)
Saturday, Sept. 19 at TBA
Saturday, Sept. 26 at Douglas Park (1401 S. Sacramento Dr.)
Saturday, Oct. 3 at Warren Park (6601 N. Western Ave.)
Saturday, Oct. 10 at Humboldt Park (1440 N. Humboldt Blvd.)
Saturday, Oct. 17 at TBA
Saturday, Oct. 24 at Garfield Park (100 N. Central Park Ave.)
Saturday, Oct. 31 at Calumet Park (9801 S. Avenue G)
Saturday, Nov. 7 at Warren Park (6601 N. Western Ave.)
Saturday, Nov. 14 at Humboldt Park (1440 N. Humboldt Blvd.)
Saturday, Nov. 21 at TBD
Saturday, Nov. 28 at River Park (5100 N. Francisco Ave.)
New Restrictions & Changes for ‘Go Run Chicago
- Each 'Go Run will be limited to only 50 persons. Multiple start times may be added at a later date to allow for greater participation in separate groups of 50
- Only registered participants may attend. Non-registered persons, including spectators, must stay out of the event area
- Non-registered persons may not participate or attend. Please do not attend if you are not registered for a specific 'Go Run date. Should we exceed gathering limitations, 'Go Run would be forced to cancel for the remainder of 2020
- Participants must register for each 'Go Run date they will attend, including children
- Registration will be online only (no walk-up / paper registrations at 'Go Run)
- Online registration for each 'Go Run date will open on Monday at Noon, the week of each 'Go Run, and will close when capacity (50 persons) is reached or Friday at 2:00 p.m. prior to each 'Go Run (whichever comes first)
- Persons who register for a 'Go Run date, and do not attend twice, will not be permitted to register or participate again during 2020
- Participants who already have a 2020 'Go Run bib do not need to check-in. They may report directly to the start line
- Participants without a bib should come to the blue tent to receive their bib up to 30 minutes before 'Go Run
- Participants must bring their own hydration bottle. Cups will not be provided
- Coolers, equipped with contactless "UltraSpouts" will be available for bottle refill only
Masks / Face Coverings
- Participants must have a mask or face cover with them at 'Go Run at all times
- Participants must wear a mask or face cover at check-in, hydration, the start line, and anytime they are within six feet of others
Additional Participant Expectations
- Do not participate if you are feeling sick or ill, and or have a fever, or if you have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19
- Persons from high-risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating
- Do not engage in traditional forms of physical contact (handshakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching, etc.)
- Do not engage in close group pictures/selfies
- Only spit or blow nose into a tissue or handkerchief
- Do not share personal items, such as hydration, energy gels, towels, etc.
- Participants may be required to exit the event or maybe removed from ‘Go Runs permanently should their actions not meet expectations and or they are creating risk for themselves or others