It's winter in Chicago - come out and enjoy it! Have fun enjoying all the wonders of nature at the Chicago Park District's annual Polar Adventure Days at Northerly Island. It's Free!
December 14, 2019, January 25, 2020 and February 29, 2020
Noon to 4 pm.
Explore Northerly Island and come face-to-face with live animals, engage in winter activities, and create nature-inspired crafts. See the full list of activities below. Dress for the weather as events take place both outdoors and inside the Visitor Center.
Take part in the following activities at Polar Adventure Days:
- Tour the Northerly Island Natural Area during winter
- See Siberian huskies, wolves, and other live animals
- Encounter birds of prey from Flint Creek Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Explore the island on snowshoes (if there's snow)
- Make nature-inspired winter crafts
- Sip hot cocoa while strolling across the prairie
Raffle prizes and giveaways provided by Coca-Cola
Northerly Island is located at 1521 S. Linn White Drive, on the Museum Campus. Limited parking is available for $3, cash only, during Polar Adventure Days.
Activities are subject to change.
For more information, call 312-742-PLAY (7529).