It's winter in Chicago - come out and enjoy it!
Have fun while enjoying all the wonders of nature at the annual Polar Adventure Days at Northerly Island. It's free! Offered two Saturdays throughout the winter.
Saturday, January 22, 2022 & February 26, 2022
Noon - 3 p.m.
For the safety of all those attending and working the event, pre-registration is required to allow for social distancing.
- Touring the new Northerly Island Natural Area during winter
- Seeing Husky teams sled around the peninsula
- Encountering birds of prey
- Exploring the island on snowshoes (if there’s snow)
- Making nature-inspired winter craft
- Building a shelter in the Nature Play space
- Toasting a marshmallow over a camp¬fire
All activities will be outdoors.
Northerly Island is located at 1521 S. Linn White Drive, on the Museum Campus. Limited parking is available for $3, cash only, during Polar Adventure Days.
Polar Adventure Days is part of the Night Out in the Parks initiative, which features more than 1,000 citywide cultural and arts activities in the parks throughout the year.