In celebration of the Year of Chicago Theater, Theater in Our Parks celebrates the power and impact of theater in our parks. This one day festival will feature performances and workshops from across the city at Theater on the Lake.
FREE & OPEN to the public!
9:30am | Check-in
10am-1pm | Workshops
- Write Your Own Vignette Play - Michael Bratta, Drama Instructor at Sheil Park
- Page to Stage! Storytelling 101- Willa Taylor, Goodman Theatre
- Theatre Games- Lauren Polenske, Drama Instructor at Hale Park and Pasteur Park
- Poetry - Keli Steward from Front Porch Art Center
- Yes And!: The Basics of Improvisation - Eileen Tull, Drama Instructor at Berger Park Cultural Center
- Dance Theater as a Language - Scott Collier, Dance Instructor at Abbott Park
- Circus Art/Gym Wheel - CirquesExperience
- Devising: collaborative Theatre - with Teaching Artist Agnotti Cowie
- Poster Screen Printing with Mobile Street Art Cart Project - William Estrada
2pm-4pm | Performances
- Pure Elegance DanceLine - Abbott Park
- The Movement- Austin Town Hall and Douglas Park
- Black B4 Green - Kuumba Lynx
- Destiny- Columbus Park West Indian Dance Theater
- GeNarrations Program - Goodman Theatre
- The Red Coat - The Chicago High School for the Arts
Theater in Our Parks is a yearlong exploration of community theater and performance featuring critical conversations, a performance festival, and a documentation series. From June through November, a series of critical conversations around the state of community theater will be led by Arts Partners in Residence and their young creative leaders. Free Street, Albany Park Theater Project and Kuumba Lynx will each host a critical community conversation paired with other arts partners in dance, performance, and music. These critical dialogues and embodied workshops will focus on three key questions around the state of community theater and performance in Chicago: Who are the experts? Who is our audience? What is our future?
This event is presented as a part of the City of Chicago's Year of Chicago Theatre. Check out more YOCT events at https://chicagoplays.com/year-of-chicago-theatre/ Add to Calendar 2019-10-14 10:00:00 2019-10-14 16:00:00 Theater in our Parks Fest at Theater on the Lake Theater on the Lake Chicago Park District firstname.lastname@example.org America/Chicago public