The Chicago Park District is committed to providing Chicagoans the opportunity to stay active this fall. We have designed a well-balanced selection of in-person and online programs for all ages and interests. The safety of all our guests and staff is a priority. All in-person programs will run in accordance with state and city guidelines, limiting the number of guests we can safely program for at each park. For those not interested in in-person classes, the online programs provide an opportunity to stay active, both mentally and physically, while socializing with others.
Fall Session I
Session Dates: September 8th through October 24th
Fall Session II at Most Parks*
|Monday, October 12||Programs available for viewing online|
|Monday, October 19 @ 9 am||Online registration begins for in-person programs at parks west of California Ave. and for all virtual programs|
|Tuesday, October 20 @ 9 am||Online registration begins for in-person programs at parks east of California Ave.|
|Tuesday, October 20 @ noon||Online registration begins for in-person programs at gymnastic centers|
|Friday, October 23||In-Person registration begins, dependant on the number of spots remaining.|
|The week of November 2nd through the week of December 14th**||Programs Session Dates|
* Programs at McFetridge & Morgan Park Sports Centers, and Gately & Addams Park follow a different schedule. Go here to view that schedule.
** No classes on Tuesday, November 3 and Wednesday, November 4 at parks which serve as polling sites.
Information for In-Person Programs
- Smaller group sizes will be implemented in accordance with CDC, IDPH, and CDPH guidelines. Staff to participant ratio will be 1:9.
- Participants must practice social distancing.
- Participants are required to wear their own face covering/mask during programming.
- Everyone must attend programs in good health. If any symptoms present, the child will be isolated and a parent will be called to take the child home.
- Participants must bring their own water; drinking fountains will not be available.
Information for Online Programs
- Most programs are hosted via Zoom. Aquatics and Gymnastic Center classes use Microsoft TEAMS.
The link for a class will be listed on the registration receipt.
- An account is required to register and participate in a class. If you do not already have an ActiveNet account, set up an account now.
- With the limited number of spaces available in each class, it is recommended to sign up early.
- To ensure a safe online experience, all virtual programs will require the name of the person taking the class be provided. This name must match the name of the person entered when registering.
- Please review and keep your ActiveNet registration receipt.
- You will find the meeting link and password for each registered program on the receipt.
- When it is time for a program to begin, click the meeting link on the receipt and enter the listed password when prompted.
What people are saying about online classes:
"...when it is difficult to leave one's home, these classes have been a life saver!”
- Jackie P.
“…thank you for getting creative and adapting your usual in-person exercise classes into a wonderful virtual format.”
- Angela K