After a 10-year hiatus, the Chicago Park District is proud to re-introduce the Annual 16” Co-Ed Adult Softball Tournament. Sixteen-inch softball is a true Chicago tradition and staple, with many Chicagoans playing for 30+ years.
In this citywide tournament, adults age 18+ have an opportunity to compete in recreational gameplay resulting in one citywide championship team! The winning team will receive bragging rights and prizes. Rookie players and veterans are invited to participate. We look forward to a great event!
This tournament is sponsored in part by:
- Age: 18+
- Fee: $250 / team, 15 person max roster
- 6 male/4 female on the field
- Regionals: 10 team bracket max (double elimination)
- Citywide: 10 team bracket max (single elimination), top 3 teams from each region advance to citywide, and 1 wildcard spot
- Regional registration pays for citywide if your team advances
- Rosters due day of or prior to coach’s meeting on July 7th
- Teams may only register for ONE regional location
- Players may only commit to one team
Dates & Locations
- Regionals: July 17, 2021 at Horner Park, Humboldt Park & Washington Park
- Citywide: July 24, 2021 at Humboldt Park
Complete the following two steps to register for the tournament.
1. Register for one regional tournament
Register for ONE of the following three regional tournaments, whichever one is most convenient for you/your team. Teams can only register for one of these tournaments.
- North Region - Games played at Horner Park, 2741 W. Montrose Ave.
- Central Region - Games played at Humboldt Park, 1440 N. Humboldt Blvd.
- South Region - Games played at Washington Park, 5531 S. King Dr.
2. Complete the roster form
Complete the roster form with your team information (team name, captain's name and contact info., player's names, email and date of birth). Rosters must be submitted by July 7, 2021.
All participants must adhere to the following COVID-19 guidelines.
- Face Masks: All players in the field are required to wear face masks. When in the dugout players should also wear facemasks. Face masks should only be lifted when visibly eating or drinking.
- Social Distancing must be followed while teams are in the dugout or waiting to bat. Dugout width and length will be extended to accommodate for social distancing. All players should wear masks.
- City/Park District Crowd Size Guidelines: No more than 50 people per diamond including players. No hanging out before/after games if you are no longer in the tournament. We strongly encourage teams to limit the number of spectators at the games, in an effort to keep gathering numbers at a minimum.
- Bats/Equipment: Teams are responsible for disinfecting any equipment, this is encouraged but not required. The park district will have an onsite supply of hand sanitizer and disinfectant as needed.
- Pitcher: Pitchers can NOT lick their fingers before or after a pitch. 1st offense is a warning. 2nd offense, a ball will be awarded to the batter. 3rd offense, the team will have an automatic out during next at bat. After 3rd offense, pitcher will be ejected from the tournament.
- Check In: Teams will not be allowed to check in until 30 minutes prior to their first game. Team check in time will be emailed out prior to Regionals and Citywide.
- In-between Games: Teams waiting to play will need to remain in their team “pod”, and remain 30ft. from other teams (pods) while waiting. Teams waiting to play should wear masks when social distancing is not feasible. Once a team has finished playing, and do not play immediately after, they will need to move from field. Teams waiting to play should remain 30ft. from next field of play as previous team leaves.
- Teams will not shake hands after the game. Sportsmanship should still be upheld at the end of the game.
Please direct any tournament inquires to the appropriate coordinator for each region:
- Jamie Teichmann (North @ Horner)- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marlenni Laureano (Central @Humboldt)- email@example.com
- Eboni Allen (South @ Washignton)- firstname.lastname@example.org