The Chicago Park District is committed to providing Chicagoans the opportunity to stay active this fall. We have designed a well-balanced selection of in-person and online programs for all ages and interests. The safety of all our guests and staff is a priority. All in-person programs will run in accordance with state and city guidelines, limiting the number of guests we can safely program for at each park. For those not interested in in-person classes, the online programs provide an opportunity to stay active, both mentally and physically, while socializing with others.
Online programs are open to everyone and registration is ongoing. Register today.
In-person programs have been suspended as of Friday, November 20.
Fall Session I
Session Dates: September 8th through October 24th
Fall Session II at Most Parks*
|Monday, October 12||Programs available for viewing online|
|Monday, October 19 @ 9 am||Online registration begins for in-person programs at parks west of California Ave. and for all virtual programs|
|Tuesday, October 20 @ 9 am||Online registration begins for in-person programs at parks east of California Ave.|
|Tuesday, October 20 @ noon||Online registration begins for in-person programs at gymnastic centers|
|Friday, October 23||In-Person registration begins, dependant on the number of spots remaining.|
|The week of November 2nd through the week of December 14th**||Programs Session Dates|
|Friday, November 6||Registration closes for in-person programs only.|
* Programs at McFetridge & Morgan Park Sports Centers, and Gately & Addams Park follow a different schedule. Go here to view that schedule.
** No classes on Tuesday, November 3 and Wednesday, November 4 at parks which serve as polling sites.
Information for In-Person Programs
- Smaller group sizes will be implemented in accordance with CDC, IDPH, and CDPH guidelines. Staff to participant ratio will be 1:9.
- Participants must practice social distancing.
- Participants are required to wear their own face covering/mask during programming.
- Everyone must attend programs in good health. If any symptoms present, the child will be isolated and a parent will be called to take the child home.
- Participants must bring their own water; drinking fountains will not be available.
Information for Online Programs
- Most programs are hosted via Zoom. Aquatics and Gymnastic Center classes use Microsoft TEAMS.
The link for a class will be listed on the registration receipt.
- An account is required to register and participate in a class. If you do not already have an ActiveNet account, set up an account now.
- With the limited number of spaces available in each class, it is recommended to sign up early.
- To ensure a safe online experience, all virtual programs will require the name of the person taking the class be provided. This name must match the name of the person entered when registering.
- Please review and keep your ActiveNet registration receipt.
- You will find the meeting link and password for each registered program on the receipt.
- When it is time for a program to begin, click the meeting link on the receipt and enter the listed password when prompted.
What people are saying about online classes:
"...when it is difficult to leave one's home, these classes have been a life saver!”
- Jackie P.
“…thank you for getting creative and adapting your usual in-person exercise classes into a wonderful virtual format.”
- Angela K