Formed on a triangle of land bounded by Rush, Wabash and Chestnut Streets, Connors Park is a small 0.34 acre plaza with a trellis surrounded by landscaping. The park features a fountain and benches.
Although there is no playground at Connors Park, children like to play around the fountain. A monstrous tree provides welcomed shade in the summer, and in the winter forms dramatic natural patterns. Connors Park is popular with Michigan Avenue shoppers looking for a place to catch their breath.
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Lake Shore Park.
Connors Park is nearly as old as the city itself. The City of Chicago acquired the tiny triangle of land from an early subdivider in 1848. The city retained jurisdiction until 1959, when it transferred the park to the Chicago Park District.
Over its long history, the property was known as both Oak Park and Arbor Rest. What is more, between 1931 and 1957, a sign mistakenly labelled the park Rehm Arbor, the name of another triangular park nearby.
The site gained its current name in 1970, when the park district renamed it in honor of William J. Connors (1892--1961). Long active in local politics, Connors rose from deputy municipal court bailiff to state senator, serving seven terms and acting as senate minority leader.
Map & Facilities
Connors Park - Argo Tea | Concession
861 North Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611