Montgomery Park is 0.40 acres and it is located in the Chicago Lawn community area.
Montgomery Park is one of many new parks created after World War II to meet recreational needs in under-served neighborhoods. The City used Playground Bond funds to purchase this site in the Chicago Lawn community in 1951 and 1952. The Bureau of Parks and Recreation soon transformed the property into a playlot, installing playground equipment, a sand box, and a drinking fountain. In 1957, the City transferred Montgomery Park to the Chicago Park District pursuant to the Chicago Park and City Exchange of Functions Act. The Chicago Park District has upgraded the playground several times over the years.
Montgomery Park honors Mabel Montgomery, a lifelong Chicago resident who was active in civic, fraternal, and religious organizations. Montgomery led Red Cross and War Bond drives, and raised funds for cancer research and the purchase of iron lungs.