This playground is located on 0.33 acres in the North Mayfair neighborhood, one block south of Foster Avenue, two long blocks east of the Edens Expressway.
As part of the ChicagoPlays! playground renovation program the playlot received a new colorful playground. It's a great place for the kiddos and families to hang out and play! There are two great picnic tables for families to gather and have a treat.
North Mayfair Park is one of six neighborhood parks created by the Jefferson Park District. Established in 1920 to provide neighborhood parks for its rapidly-developing northwest side community, the Jefferson Park District was one of 22 park commissions consolidated into the Chicago Park District in 1934. In 1930, the Jefferson Park District purchased a half-acre of land in the Mayfair neighborhood at the urging of the North Mayfair Community Women's Club, from which the park takes its name. The women's club, a local benevolent organization founded by Mrs. Barbara Reich, had petitioned for the creation of the park. North Mayfair Park was only one of the club's many efforts to better the community. Others included a program for distributing fuel, clothing, and food to the needy of the neighborhood and a campaign to build a community social house.