This park covers a little less than one acre and contains a softball field, a playslab with two basketball standards, and a soft surface playground. It is located in the Avondale neighborhood (approximately one block south of Addison Street, and roughly two blocks east of Elston Avenue).
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Brands Park.
Sacramento Park is one of many small parks created by the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation to meet increasing recreational demands in post-World War II Chicago. In 1950, the bureau purchased this small property on Sacramento Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood, and soon improved the site with playground equipment, a basketball court, and a ballfield. Following the bureau's general practice, the park was named for the adjacent street. (Sacramento, a Spanish word meaning "sacrament," is also the name of the capital of California.) In 1959, the city transferred Sacramento Park to the Chicago Park District, which installed a new soft surface playground in 1992.