This small playground is located in the West Town community. The park totals 0.66 acres and features a playground with an interactive water feature, a community garden and a multi-purpose field.
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Pulaski Park for recreation.
In response to the post-World War II baby boom, the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation began creating dozens of new parks and playgrounds in the late 1940s. Among many sites acquired for playground development was a half-acre property in the West Town neighborhood.
Beginning construction by 1950, the city named the site Dean Park for the street on which it is located. Civic leader John Dean served as a judge during Chicago's early history. The city transferred Dean Park to the Chicago Park District in 1959.
Out of an abundance of caution Park Advisory Council Meetings will be held virtually for the near future. Please contact the Dean PAC for details.