AlertFieldhouse & Playground Closed:
All fieldhouses and playgrounds are closed through the month of May in accordance with Governor Pritzker's Stay at Home Order. Go here to learn more about the Chicago Park District COVID-19 response.
The Logan Square community area is now served by a new fully accessible 10,244 square foot fieldhouse. The single story targeted to be LEED Gold building includes a half size gymnasium for basketball and volleyball, fitness center and community rooms. The building is designed to achieve maximum efficiency with the use of natural light, rain water harvesting, a living “green” roof, and geothermal mechanical systems.
Haas Park is 1.69 acres. On the park grounds the community will find a newly renovated ADA accessible playground along with a water spray feature.In addition, there is a large open green space – ideal for special events such as movies in the park or a picnic in the park.
In Fall 2012 a new soccer field was unveiled at Haas Park. The new feature was made possible through the generosity of the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in the United States and Manchester City Football Club. Built in partnership with the Pritzker Traubert Family Foundation's "Take the Field Initiative" and the Chicago Park District, the field will benefit all of Logan Square community. com co
Haas Park honors Joseph F. Haas (1857-1928), a widely-respected public servant. Over his 42-year career in public office, Haas was a school trustee in the Town of Jefferson, a Chicago alderman, Secretary of the Sanitary District, a state senator, Cook County Clerk, Cook County Recorder, and Secretary of the West Park Commission. The city purchased the land for this park just two months after Haas' death in 1928, and completed park plans before year's end. At the time, the surrounding Logan Square neighborhood was in the midst of a residential building boom. Large courtyard apartment buildings were springing up beside existing graystones, and open space was quickly disappearing. The new park included a small recreational building with an open-air shelter house, which the city's Department of Parks and Recreation enclosed around 1947. The city transferred the park site, along with more than 250 others, to the Chicago Park District in 1959.
1st Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.