To learn more about the site improvements coming in 2020: view plan.
Kosciuszko Park is 9.01 acres and it is located in the Logan Square community (the park’s northern border touches Diversey Avenue; the park’s western border is one block east of Pulaski Road), and comprises slightly over eight acres.
The large fieldhouse features an indoor pool, a combination gymnasium and assembly hall (with a stage—available for rental), a small kitchen; club rooms are also available for rental. Outside, the park offers four baseball / softball fields and a combination football / soccer field, a tennis court, an artificial-turf soccer field, as well as a soft-surface ADA-accessible playground with a spray feature—all available for rental.
Kosciuszko (fondly known to the community as “Koz”) Park is also noted for its Special Recreation programs & ADA-accessible facilities for people with disabilities—including training for Special Olympics.
Stay active through recreational programs such as: baseball, basketball, conditioning, football, martial arts, soccer, softball, tumbling, and volleyball. Koz Park also offers aquatics programs all year long. Social clubs are available for both Pre-teens, Teens, plus the noted Go Girl Go program. A variety of programs are available for tots / preschoolers. On the cultural side, Koz Park offers Kraft Great Kids Family Night Out, to expose patrons to the wonders of Chicago’s museums.
Koz Park is one of the sites for the popular Park Kids after school program for youth. Winter- and Spring-Break Camps, as well as school-holiday special events, are available during days when schools are temporarily closed. In the summer, youth can attend the Koz Park’s six-week day camp; the Teen Leadership camp is also a popular summer option.
In addition to seasonal programs, Koz Park hosts fun special events for the whole family, such as the Movies in the Parks series.
Dedicated in 1916, Kosciuszko Park takes its name from Polish patriot Thadeuz Kosciuszko (1756-1817). Kosciuszko came to America in 1776. Shortly thereafter, the Continental Congress appointed him colonel of engineers. For his success building fortifications at Saratoga and elsewhere along the Hudson River, he was awarded with U.S. citizenship and the rank of brigadier general. In 1784, Kosciuszko returned to Poland, where he led his country's military forces in the uprising of 1794. Kosciuszko was among the original parks of the Northwest Park District, one of 22 park commissions consolidated into the Chicago Park District in 1934. Established in 1911, the Northwest Park District aimed to provide one park for each of the ten square miles within its growing middle-class jurisdiction. The Northwest Park District began to purchase land for Mozart, Kelyvn, and Kosciuszko Parks in early 1914. Improvement of the three sites began almost immediately. For Kosciuszko, architect Albert A. Schwartz designed a Tudor revival-style fieldhouse, expanded in 1936 to include an assembly hall. The Chicago Park District built a natatorium there in the 1980s.
1st Thursday of the month @ 6:30pm