Located in the Englewood community, Lily Gardens Park totals 2.82 acres and it is a relaxing location for families to spend a portion of their day relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. Children can also play on our playground with swings.
Lily Gardens Park originated in 1886 when developers platted a portion of the former Town of Lake and dedicated the property as parkland. The City of Chicago acquired the site when it annexed the Town of Lake in 1889. Originally known as 72nd Street Park, by 1910 the park had been designated The Lily Gardens. The new name referred to the park's two impressive basins planted with water lilies. Lily Gardens Park passed into the hands of the Chicago Park District in 1959. Difficulties in maintaining the lily ponds led the park district to remove them and install a playground in their place.