Formerly known as Park No. 510, Livingston Field Park totals 2.59 acres and it is located in the Near West community. This small park features an artificial turf football/soccer field with two baseball diamonds located within the turf field. The field includes bleachers for spectators.
While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs offered at nearby Altgeld Park for recreation.
In the early 1990s, after the Near North Little League lost its original field at Clybourn and Division, the Illinois Medical District agreed to lease and transform a vacant glass-strewn lot into a baseball field. Over the years, the site was improved to include backstops, fancy dugouts and foul poles, a sprinkler system and oversized scoreboard.
A few years later, the City of Chicago acquired the site and leased it to the Chicago Park District. In 2009, the site was transferred to the Chicago Park District and underwent additional improvements using TIFF funds. These new amenities include an artificial turf athletic field, lights, Bocci-ball courts, benches, walkways, and other landscape improvements.
Over the years, the site has always been known as Livingston Field. The name honors David O. Livingston (1941–1998), a Korean War veteran who served as the executive director of the Illinois Medical District for several years.