This small park totals 0.20 acres and it is located in the West Ridge community (three blocks south of Touhy Avenue, two blocks east of Western Avenue). Children and families enjoy the playground area for a day of fun. Community residents maintain a beautiful community garden at the play lot creating an urban oasis.
Although the City of Chicago acquired a small parcel of land along Lunt Avenue in West Ridge during the 1890s, the property was not developed as parkland until decades later. By 1945, the city's Bureau of Parks and Recreation was operating the site as a playlot with a wading pool, a sand box, and play equipment. The city transferred the property to the Chicago Park District in 1959. The park district rehabilitated Lunt Park in the early 1990s, removing the original equipment and installing a brand new playground. The park takes its name from adjacent Lunt Avenue, in turn named for brothers Orrington and Stephen P. Lunt, early land owners and subdividers in Evanston and Rogers Park. Orrington, the more well-known of the Lunts, was among the founders of the Chicago Board of Trade (1848) and Northwestern University (1851). The university's first library bore Lunt's name, as does Evanston's Orrington Avenue and Orrington Hotel.