Located in the Woodlawn neighborhood, Mamie Till-Mobley Park is 0.66 acres and it is an idyllic location for families to spend a portion of their day relaxing, enjoying nature and the outdoors. This park contains a playground with swings, slides, climbing apparatus, basketball court. Activities that are played at this park include basketball.
History In 1957, the City of Chicago created this small park on South Ellis Avenue near 64th Street as part of a city-wide program to provide additional recreational space in under-served neighborhoods like Woodlawn. Woodlawn's population increased by 23% between 1930 and 1960, though there was virtually no new construction during that period. At the same time, the proportion of African-American residents in Woodlawn rose from 13% to 89%. In 1959, the city transferred the small playground to the Chicago Park District, along with more than 250 other properties. Ten years later, at the urging of the 63-6400 Ellis Block Club, the park district began to acquire vacant property adjacent to the original park site. The lot became part of 64th & Ellis Park in 1974, tripling the park's size and providing room for new basketball and volleyball courts. The park district rehabilitated the playground area in 1984 and again in 1990.
Meetings held on the 20th of the month at 5:30pm in Harris Park.