This 2.23-acre park contains a playslab with four basketball standards, a spray pool, and a playground. The park, previously called “Imlay Park,” is located in the Norwood Park neighborhood (two blocks north of Devon Avenue, and one block west of Oak Park Avenue).While there is no structured programming taking place at this location, we invite you to check out our great programs at nearby Rosedale Park
Pleasant Point Park was created by the Norwood Park District, one of 22 park commissions consolidated into the Chicago Park District in 1934. Immediately after its establishment in 1920, the Norwood Park District developed the first of its parks, 14-acre NorwoodPark. In 1926, the Pleasant Point Improvement Association called for additional recreational facilities in the neighborhood. Four years later, the park district selected a new park site, but residents balked at the property's high cost. Shortly thereafter, the park district chose the present site. The landscape was immediately improved and fitted with playground equipment. In 1932, the park district erected a shelter house and tennis courts. For years, the park was commonly known as Norwood Playground despite its proximity to the much larger Norwood Park. In 1999, to avoid further confusion, the Chicago Park District officially designated the park Pleasant Point after its original promoters.