A pool is considered accessible if it has an accessible path of travel to the pool and one or more of the following: zero depth entry, ramp, lift, ADA stairs.
The standard pool rules are as follows:
1. Obey the lifeguards and follow pool rules. They are there for your safety.
2. All persons are required to shower before entering the pool area.
3. Food and drink are not permitted in the pool area.
4. No smoking allowed in the pool area.
5. Clean swimwear is required.
6. No running allowed on pool deck.
7. Only clean footwear, baby strollers, or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area. Persons in street clothes and street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck.
8. Persons with open wounds, excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, or bandages of any kind cannot be allowed in the water.
9. Except during Park District classes, SCUBA gear is not allowed in the pool.
10. No flotation devices may be used in the pool.
11. Family Swim Parents/Guardians must accompany children in the water.
12. Children 8 and under, who are not at least 8" taller than the shallow end must be accompanied by an adult.
Get a great workout in the pool! Lap swim sessions are available at many pools across the city, beginning the week of September 5th, 2023.
View the current lap swim schedule: Fall 2023 Citywide Lap Swim Schedule (Sept. 5 - Dec. 10, 2023)
A membership provides access to all Lap Swim times at any park that offers Lap Swim across the Chicago Park District. Access to a lap swim session is managed on a first-come-first-served basis. A lap swim membership is required. Lap Swim members must present an ID with their membership pass upon entrance.
Purchase a membership now: 1-Month Membership ($25) | 3-Month Membership ($42)
Single-day Lap Swim passes may be purchased at the park on the day of use.
Various aquatics programs are offered throughout the year including learn-to-swim classes for ages 18 months and older, aquatic exercise classes, and specialized classes such as Junior Lifeguards, Lifeguard Training, Water Polo Club, and more. Learn more about these programs: Aquatics Programs
Patrons, ages 6-17 can take a 10-session introductory swim class for FREE! Learn more: First Free program