The Chicago Park District is committed to providing Chicagoans the opportunity to stay active this fall. We have designed a well-balanced selection of In-Person and Virtual Online Programs for all ages and interests. The safety of all our guests and staff is a priority. All in-person programs will run in accordance with state and city guidelines, limiting the number of guests we can safely program for at each park. It is our hope that those who need programs the most are able to register. Please keep this in mind when making your fall plans.
Fall I Session
August 28 Programs are available for viewing online
Online registration begins Wednesday, Sept 2 at 9 am for in-person programs at parks west of California Ave. and for all virtual programs
Online registration begins Thursday, Sept 3 at 9 am for in-person programs at parks east of California Ave.
Online registration begins Thursday, Sept 3 at noon for in-person programs at gymnastic centers
In-Person registration begin Friday, Sept 4 at 8 am, dependant on the number of spots remaining.
Important Information for Fall 2020
- Smaller group sizes will be implemented in accordance with CDC, IDPH, and CDPH guidelines. Staff to participant ratio will be 1:9.
- Participants must practice social distancing.
- Participants are required to wear their own face covering/mask during programming.
- Everyone must attend programs in good health. If any symptoms present, the child will be isolated and a parent will be called to take the child home.
- Participants must bring their own water; drinking fountains will not be available.
Canceling a Registration
Refund requests will be issued as credits on the patron's account and not back to credit cards or cash. A 15% service charge will be applied to the amount credited.
Highlighted Fall In-Person Programs
PARK KIDS is a fun and safe after after-school activity for grammar school age children, providing them with a variety of leisure and recreational activities, such as arts & crafts; non-contact sports, wellness, and nature based activities; and in-house special events.
For ages 6-12 | Hours vary by park, but typically run 3-6 pm.
- Static pods
- Face coverings and social distancing is required
- 9/1 ratio for 6-12 year olds
- Prioritize outdoor space for programming
Have indoor space available to accommodate all pods, while keeping them separate.
Kiddie College and Playschool activities provides 3-5 year olds a unique and enjoyable experience for a child to play and learn with their peers.
- Static pods
- 10/2 ratio for 3-5 year olds
- Face covering and social distancing is required
What people are saying -
"...my daughter loves the Park Kids at Lincoln... they desperately need opportunities to get a break for their usual environment -- break from home, from parents, and from screens -- and the Park Kids program gives them a safe setting in which to do that." - Joshua K.
Live Virtual Online Programs
The Chicago Park District has embraced a new way of offering programs to our guests. Enjoy a variety of virtual programs for your convenience and safety from the comfort of your own home. This fall we have expanded our programming options. From fitness to bingo and arts & crafts to music, we are offering something for every age group.
What people are saying -
"...when it is difficult to leave one's home, these classes have been a life saver!” Jackie P.
“…thank you for getting creative and adapting your usual in-person exercise classes into a wonderful virtual format.”Angela K
- Most classes are 30-60 minutes long
- Programs are offered live using Zoom
Virtual Online Registration Information:
- If you do not already have an ActiveNet account – you will need to set one up. Set up an account now.
- With the limited number of spaces available in each class, it is recommended to sign up early.
- To ensure a safe online experience, our virtual programs will require the name of the person taking the class be provided. This name must match the name of the person entered when registering.
- Please review and keep your ActiveNet registration receipt.
- You will find the Zoom Meeting link and password for your registered program in the receipt.
- When it is time for your program to begin you will click the zoom link in the receipt and enter the listed password when prompted.
- Note: Aquatics and Gymnastic Center classes are using Microsoft TEAMS. The link will be on your receipt.
Tips to Be Ready for Class:
- The Chicago Park District will send out a reminder email prior to the program.
- Locate your activity registration receipt that was emailedafter you completed your registration.
- This receipt contains your specific Zoom or Microsoft TEAMS meeting details: link to the meeting and the password to enter the meeting.
- Make sure to begin preparing for the class 5-10 minutes before class.
- This will allow for you to check the internet connection and make sure that your display name is listed correctly.
- For the security of all our participants, you will be placedin a “Virtual Waiting Room” until a Chicago Park District staff member verifies that you are registered and allows you to enter the program room.
- Make sure that you move to an area that is quiet so that you are able to hear your instructor clearly.
- Dress appropriately for your class and most importantly have fun!