The Chicago Park District offers an extensive array of programs for all ages this fall. You'll find a variety of in-person programming options along with our popular virtual programs. You'll see these offerings in a new, more customer-friendly way through a new customer user interface recently launched on our registration website. See more about that below.
|Monday, August 9||Programs available for viewing online|
|Monday, August 16 @ 9 am||Online registration begins for in-person programs at parks west of California Ave. and for ALL virtual programs|
|Tuesday, August 17 @ 9 am||Online registration begins for in-person programs at parks east of California Ave.*|
|Tuesday, August 17 @ noon||Online registration begins for gymnastic center fall session 1 in-person programs.|
|Saturday, August 21 OR
Monday, August 23
|In-person registration begins at parks, dependant on the number of spots remaining.
[CLICK HERE] to see the parks starting in-person registration on Monday, August 23. All other parks begin in-person registration on Saturday, August 21.
|September 7 - December 18||Programs Session Dates for most programs.
*Programs at McFetridge Sports Center, Morgan Park Sports Center, Gately Park Track & Field facility and the ComEd Recreation Center at Addams Park follow a different schedule. Go here to view that schedule.
Fall 2021 Highlights & Changes
New Look to Registration Website
- Our registration site was recently updated with a redesigned customer user interface (CUI). This update allows registration from any device easily and efficiently (it's mobile-friendly!), and modernizes the search functions, filters, and sorting, making it easier to find exactly what you are looking for. [CLICK HERE] to learn more, including the new feature used to add an activity to your wishlist (a heart icon).
Aquatics is back!
- Aquatic classes will resume this fall beginning the week of September 20. Whether you are 16 months old or 90 years young, there is a Chicago Park District aquatics program for you. These classes include Parent and Tot Swim; Tiny Tot Swim; Youth, Teen and Adult Learn to Swim; Junior Lifeguards; Swim Team; Water Polo; and Aquatic Exercise. There are classes designed specifically for seniors, such as Water Walking, and many pools offer an Aquatic Exercise program for seniors, to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Lap Swim and Open Swim times will begin the week of September 7.
View Aquatics Programs
Park Kids After-school Program
- Park Kids will begin on August 30 [starting in unison with the CPS calendar]. Park Kids is an excellent way for kids 6-12 to get out among friends & stay active after school thru a variety of brain play, nature, fitness, sports, and art activities, along with homework time. You can register for just the fall session or for the full school year (fall/winter/spring sessions). Financial assistance is available, and fees are reduced for CHA residents.
[CLICK HERE] to learn more about Park Kids
[CLICK HERE] to learn more about Financial Assistance
[CLICK HERE] to learn more about reduced fees for CHA residents
View Park Kids Programs
- With the excitement of the Olympics and the success of the athletes, our gymnastics centers are a great place to learn new skills. The Chicago Park District’s 10 gymnastics centers offer quality instruction for beginners to advanced competitors year-round, with excellent training facilities and instructors. [CLICK HERE] to view these locations.
- If you are new to the sport, check out one of our recreational gymnastics/tumbling programs
.View GYMNASTIC CENTER PROGRAMS
- Our little ones love to explore and learn new things. From Arts & ABCs, Ballet and Bitty Basketball, to Dino Diggers, Kiddie College, and Little Artists you will find something special for your child. You will also find Mom, Pop, & Tot and Parent/Guardian & Tot activities for the younger set.
- While the majority of programs are in-person, we do offer a number of online/virtual programs such as Kiddie College, Arts & ABCs, and Puppetry.
View Early Childhood Programs
- Looking to keep your kids active this fall, check us out! The Chicago Park District strives to connect youth with fun, creative, and engaging programs in a safe environment. These classes include Boxing; Basketball; Seasonal Sports; Dance; Woodcraft; Cheerleading; a variety of fitness options and so much more.
View Youth Programs
- We have some awesome opportunities for our teens to get involved in the parks! TIP Fest is right around the corner and we are opening 10 Teen Centers across the city. The centers are dedicated rooms in park fieldhouses, designed specifically for teens to socialize, play a video game or just hang out with friends in a safe environment. We envision many of our Teen/Leadership Clubs taking advantage of these new fun spaces. For those looking to play some competitive basketball, Windy City Hoops League is back!
View Teen Programs
- Consider signing up for one of our most popular online/virtual programs: American Sign Language, Cardio Line Dance, Chair Exercise, Conditioning, Drawing & Painting, and Bingo. All are back this fall!
- For in-person programming, one of the fastest-growing sports, Pickleball is available across the city. We have both instruction and open court times available.
- A number of sports leagues are planned, so gather your friends for Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, and “16 softball, or enroll in one of our various fitness classes to keep active and healthy this fall.
View Adult Programs View Senior Programs
- For individuals with disabilities, our Special Recreation programs will be offered in-person this fall. Participants will enjoy a variety of activities, from creating crafts, cooking, and fitness to visiting with friends in our social clubs.
View Special Recreation Programs
All COVID-19 guidelines will be followed for in-person classes, including smaller class sizes, a requirement to wear masks, and social distancing.