Banner Slideshow

Reduced fees are available for CHA residents enrolled in summer day camp, winter break camp, spring break camp, and the Park Kids after school program.  Starting Fall 2020, CHA residents no longer need the paper “voucher” to take advantage of Park District programs. By obtaining a CHA Membership, CHA residents may register for eligible programs and pay a reduced fee.  Memberships must be obtained in-person at any park.  Memberships can be obtained throughout the year.  These are annual memberships that expire each year in August.  Other discounts and financial assistance cannot be used along with this discount.



  • To register for a program in-person at a park, a current photo ID is required. Park Staff will validate residency using the participant’s name, date of birth, and the last four digits of their social security number. Park Staff will also help set up a Park District account, if one doesn’t already exist, and add the CHA Membership. 
  • The name of the program participant must be on the lease to be eligible for a CHA membership. 
  • Once the membership is sold, residents can register online once registration begins. With the CHA Membership applied to an account, the following discounted fees will be applied: $15 for Day Camp, $15/season for the Park Kids afterschool program, $5 for Spring Break Camp and $5 for Winter Break Camp. 

Please Note:

  • Because there are a limited number of CHA discounts available, the discount is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
  • The CHA membership is free.  Fees for programs still apply.
  • Eligibility for the CHA discount does not guarantee a slot in the program. It only allows for reduced payment at the time of registration. 
  • If ineligible for the CHA discount, the Chicago Park District has limited funds available to provide financial assistance for families who wish to enroll but are unable to afford the full price of a program. Learn more: Financial Assistance.


For more information, email us or call us at (312) 742.PLAY (7529) or (312) 747-2001 (TTY).