Reduced fees are available for CHA residents enrolled in summer day camp, winter break camp, spring break camp, and the Park Kids after school program. Starting Fall 2020, CHA residents no longer need the paper “voucher” to take advantage of Park District programs. By obtaining a CHA Membership, either online or in-person at any park, CHA residents may register for eligible programs and pay a reduced fee. Other discounts and financial assistance cannot be used along with this discount.
- A Chicago Park District account must be created before registering for a program or membership.
CLICK HERE to create an account.
CLICK HERE to login to an existing account.
- Once in your account, CLICK HERE to add the CHA Membership to your cart (only available during the "Open Enrollment" period - see the dates section below). Getting the membership in-person at a park is available year-round.
- The name of the program participant must be on the lease to be eligible for a CHA membership. When signing up online for the membership, the last four digits of their social security number will be required for lease validation.
- Membership requests will be validated by CHA before the session begins. Once validated, the membership is valid through the Summer of the current year.
- Residents can register online once registration begins. With the CHA Membership applied to an account, the following discounted fees will be applied: $15 for Day Camp, $15 for the Park Kids afterschool program, $5 for Spring Break Camp and $5 for Winter Break Camp.
- In-person registration at a park remains available, however, the paper “voucher” will no longer be required.
- To register for a program in-person at a park, a current photo ID is required. Park Staff will validate residency using the participant’s name, date of birth, and the last four digits of their social security number. Park Staff will also help set up a Park District account, if one doesn’t already exist, and add the CHA Membership.
- See in-person registration dates in the date section below.
Relevant Dates - Summer 2021
- Open Enrollment Period (when a CHA membership can be applied to an account): April 5-27, 2021
Note: If the designated Open Enrollment period is missed, CHA Memberships can be applied in-person at a park throughout the year.
- Online Registration Begins: May 10 & 11, 2021 at 9 am
May 10 for parks located West of California Ave. & May 11 for parks located East of California Ave.
- Membership Valid through: CHA memberships applied in 2021 are valid through Summer 2021 (8/31/21)
- Because there are a limited number of CHA discounts available, the discount is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The CHA membership is free. Fees for programs still apply.
- Information submitted to Park Staff is confidential and will be reviewed to validate CHA residency; copies will not be made or retained.
- Eligibility for the CHA discount does not guarantee a slot in the program. It only allows for reduced payment at the time of registration.
- If you are ineligible for the CHA discount, the Chicago Park District has limited funds available to provide financial assistance for families who wish to enroll but are unable to afford the full price of a program. See above for more information about financial assistance.
For more information, email us or call us at (312) 742.PLAY (7529) or (312) 747-2001 (TTY).