The Chicago Park District has limited funds available to provide financial assistance for families who wish to enroll in the summer day camp program, but are unable to afford the full price of camp. If approved, Financial Assistance will cover half of the camp cost. Customers are responsible for paying the other half.
Financial assistance is only available to City of Chicago residents.
Customers are asked to present ONE of the following in person, at a park, to demonstrate financial need:
1. State of Illinois – Department of Human Services Notice of Decision – Summary Section confirming participation in Cash, Medical, or SNAP benefits. This notice accompanies the issuance of a LINK/EBT card. Reissued notices may be requested from your caseworker at a DHS Family Community Resource Center. Paying customer must be listed as the benefits recipient.
2. State of Illinois – Healthcare and Family Services Medical Card (not any other medical or insurance card). The child being enrolled in camp must be listed as a covered person and paying customer must be listed as Case Name.
3. Proof of income that shows the household falls below the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services-determined Federal Poverty Guideline, by providing one of two options:
- Check stubs from the last 30 days to determine net monthly income, for the paying customer; must be parent or guardian of child being enrolled.
- Previous Year’s IRS form (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) and corresponding W2, for the paying customer; must be parent or guardian of child being enrolled.
NEW FOR 2019:
In order to facilitate patrons being able to receive the financial assistance discount (50%) at the time of summer online registration, financial assistance documentation is being accepted in-person at parks now. Once completed and approved, the related registration (ActiveNet) account will be updated to include this financial assistance pre-requisite. When registering for summer camp, an account holder with the pre-requisite will automatically be charged 50% of the camp cost. Online registration for summer 2019 begins April 22 & 23.
If this step isn't completed prior to summer online registration, patrons still have the option to register for summer camp online by paying 100% at the time or registration and then presenting the documentation at the park to receive the 50% refund.
- Information submitted is confidential. Documents will be reviewed by Park Staff and returned to the customer; copies will not be made or retained.
- Eligibility for financial assistance does not guarantee a slot for day camp and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or voucher programs.
- Applicants that do not qualify for Financial Assistance may inquire about the payment plan option at their local park.
For more information, email us or call us at 312.742.PLAY (7529) or 312.747.2001 (TTY).