Located on Irving Park Road just east of Pulaski, Independence Park is surrounded by a nice quiet neighborhood in Old Irving Park.
The park has a number of features including a playground, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, a water spray area for kids to play in, and lots of great trees. Plus, a field house with an indoor pool, a big party room, locker rooms, fitness center and a small gymnasium.
At the park field house, youth enjoy sports and tumbling programs as well as cultural opportunities. For the little ones we have our popular Moms, Pops and Tots program and Tiny Tot tumbling, among others.Enjoy the pool for open swim time or join a class.
Independence Park also provides activities for developmentally disabled adults and children through its therapeutic recreation programs.
On the grounds at Independence Park is the “Women’s Community Club Building.” Today, the recently renovated Bungalow is using green technology. The Bungalow Renovation Project incorporates green building initiatives and is utilized as a national model showing its use of cutting-edge green technology.
The Independence Park Bungalow was constructed in the early 1920s as a single family residence. In 1930 the Bungalow was converted into the “Women’s Community Club Building of the Irving Park District.” The Chicago Park District purchased and incorporated the Bungalow in 1936 into Independence Park.