A pool is considered accessible if it has an accessible path of travel to the pool and one or more of the following: zero depth entry, ramp, lift, ADA stairs.
From teaching toddlers to swim, to aquatics exercise classes for seniors, the Chicago Park District offers a number of activities in the pools each season.
Learn more about aquatics programs.
Youth Learn to Swim Programs - First Session Free with Coupon Code
The first session (10 weeks) of Learn to Swim classes for ages 6-17 is free, when using coupon code FIRSTFREE. Once the coupon code is used, fees will apply for Learn to Swim classes in subsequent sessions, or an additional class in the same session.
The Learn to Swim class is an introductory swimming class, and every Chicago child can take this introductory course once for free. The popularity of Learn to Swim classes, coupled with the fact that some children enroll in multiple Learn to Swim classes within the same season, have created long wait lists at many parks across the city. To address this problem and to help more children participate in the program, we will charge a fee when a child registers for additional Learn to Swim classes.* The FIRSTFREE coupon code can be used when registering online or in-person at the parks.
This coupon code took affect beginning with the Winter 2014 session (Jan-March 2014 classes).
* This fee can be waived for families who qualify.
Financial assistance, through the American Red Cross Aquatics Centennial Campaign, is available to City of Chicago residents for Youth, Teen, and Adult Learn to Swim Classes; Tiny Tot II and III classes; and TEAM Sports activities at the following parks:
- Austin Town Hall Park
- Carver Park
- Don Nash Park
- Foster Park
- Grand Crossing Park
- LaFollette Park
- The Park @ NTA
- West Pullman Park
Applicants must prove eligibility by providing income verification. Documentation options include:
- Pay stubs for last 30 days
- AFDC/TANF case #
- A copy of the most recent IRS 1040
Information submitted is confidential.
If approved, financial assistance will cover a majority of the class fee. Patrons are responsible for paying the remaining cost. For specific amounts, please call the park.
Registration must be done in person at the park.
View upcoming program session dates.
View all Aquatics Programs.
Note: not all aquatics programs are eligible for financial assistance, only the programs listed above at the parks listed above are eligible.
Get a great workout at a park pool!
Monthly or 3-month lap swim membership passes are available. A membership gives you access to lap swim times at any park that offers lap swim (both indoor and outdoor pools). For ages 13 and up.
- Purchase a Lap Swim Pass Now
- View the current lap swim schedule (September 10, 2018 - January 4, 2019)
Checking Lap Swim Passes On Site
Patrons attending a lap swim session must provide a current lap swim pass and an I.D. prior to entering the water. The Aquatics staff will collect the lap pass and the I.D., check to see that the names match, and check to ensure the lap pass is current. The two items will be kept with the staff during the session and returned to patrons as they leave.
1. Obey the lifeguards and follow pool rules. They are there for your safety.
2. All persons are required to shower before entering the pool area.
3. Food and drink are not permitted in the pool area.
4. No smoking allowed in the pool area.
5. Clean swimwear is required.
6. No running allowed on pool deck.
7. Only clean footwear, baby strollers, or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area. Persons in street clothes and street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck.
8. Persons with open wounds, excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, or bandages of any kind cannot be allowed in the water.
9. Except during Park District classes, SCUBA gear is not allowed in the pool.
10. No flotation devices may be used in the pool.
11. Family Swim Parents/Guardians must accompany children in the water.
12. Children 8 and under, who are not at least 8" taller than the shallow end must be accompanied by an adult.