A pool is considered accessible if it has an accessible path of travel to the pool and one or more of the following: zero depth entry, ramp, lift, ADA stairs.
The standard pool rules are as follows:
1. Obey the lifeguards and follow pool rules. They are there for your safety.
2. All persons are required to shower before entering the pool area.
3. Food and drink are not permitted in the pool area.
4. No smoking allowed in the pool area.
5. Clean swimwear is required.
6. No running allowed on pool deck.
7. Only clean footwear, baby strollers, or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area. Persons in street clothes and street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck.
8. Persons with open wounds, excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, or bandages of any kind cannot be allowed in the water.
9. Except during Park District classes, SCUBA gear is not allowed in the pool.
10. No flotation devices may be used in the pool.
11. Family Swim Parents/Guardians must accompany children in the water.
12. Children 8 and under, who are not at least 8" taller than the shallow end must be accompanied by an adult.
- Masks must be worn when not in the water when unable to social distance and when children are present.
- Maintain Distance. Keep 6 feet away from others.
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Get a good workout in the pool! Lap swim sessions are available at many pools across the city.
View the current lap swim schedule: Summer 2021 Citywide Lap Swim Schedule (June 28 - September 5)
Access to a lap swim session is managed on a first come-first served basis. A lap swim membership is required.
A membership provides access to all Lap Swim times at any park that offers Lap Swim across the Chicago Park District.
Purchase a membership now: 1-Month Membership ($25) | 3-Month Membership ($40)