A fitness center is considered accessible if it has at least two pieces of wheelchair accessible equipment.
In addition to our standard policies below, please review new COVID related guidelines in place: Details on Fitness Center Reopenings
- All participants must complete an orientation before an I.D. will be issued. Please see a staff member about registration and orientation.
- Consult your doctor before beginning any new exercise program.
- All participants must sign in at the front desk before entering the fitness center. Please present your fitness pass & I.D. to park staff and wear your I.D. at all times!
- The Fitness Center is only for registered participants (ages 18 & over).
- Children are not allowed in the fitness center under any circumstances. Children may not be left unattended in the halls or stairwells while parents are exercising.
- Proper attire is required. No shirt, no entry. No jeans, cut offs or street shoes. Please carry in your athletic shoes to ensure a clean fitness center.
- Please limit use of cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes during peak times.
- Please wipe down all equipment after use and bring a towel from home to assist with this request.
- Water bottles are allowed. Please do not bring food, drinks or gum.
- Respect staff, other members and equipment.
- Report any broken/malfunctioning equipment to the front desk.
- Please silence phones while in a fitness center. Do not use phones while on fitness equipment.
- All registration is final. No refunds will be issued. Registration is non-transferable.
- The Park District has the right to cancel your membership if rules are not followed.
- $5 Replacement Fee for lost or stolen cards.
The Chicago Park District cares about the health of all Chicago citizens. With this in mind, we are offering complimentary use of park fitness centers for all Chicagoans who have a doctor’s prescription for exercise needed for an obesityrelated disease (diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.). To take advantage of this free 3-month, single site fitness center membership, patrons must bring the following information to the park:
- Medical doctor prescription stating exercise needed for obesity related disease (diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension, asthma, etc.).
NOTE: THE RECOMMENDED EXERCISE NEEDS TO BE STATED IN THE PRESCRIPITON and the patron must have a BMI > 26 and noted in the prescription by the medical staff.
- Legal photo ID and a piece of mail verifying address.
Rules and regulations are as follows:
- Participant can use the fitness center during all open hours, as many times a week as desired or prescribed.
- Participants will receive one free 3-month, single site fitness center pass. This pass can only be used for one 3-month session throughout the park district. Please do not attempt to utilize multiple free sessions at various parks. Participant information will be kept at the specific park and the Chicago Park District administration office.
- Gold Card - provides patrons access to all park fitness centers. The gold card is offered for a 3-month and annual memberships.
- Monthly, 3-month, or annual individual park memberships can be purchased at any time, and are valid from the date of purchase.